Childhood Abuse Survivor

I have hit some magical age where my childhood abuse has caught up with me.... but I will not let it win, and will fight and know that God will see me through just as He always has.... my goal in this blog is to share with others and to vent as well about the experiences of childhood abuse, not just the physical abuse, but the emotional as well. The old saying about sticks and stones break bones but words can never hurt.... they couldn't be farther from the truth!!

I have two wonderful daughters and am blessed that God chose me to "break the cycle" and above all, they know that I love them with all my heart and they are great girls!!! Right now though, I just need to make some peace with my past.... (and if you met my mother, you'd understand... hahaha). I know that know matter where I am at in my journey though, that God is ALWAYS with me!!


Sunday, December 28, 2014

A little about me

I go to write about trivial things, but my mind wanders and I know that I must face the demons inside of me. Under the surface, like fish in the sea that you can't see cuz the waters are too dark and murky. But then the sun comes and shines into the darkness and you can no longer escape the waves of tragedy and they swell and hit you full force when you least expect it.
I come from a very abusive home with a single mother who was literally incapable of taking care of herself, let alone a child. Sometimes I'm still angry, sometimes I feel sorry for her, and sometimes I feel sorry for me. For the child that was, to the woman that is. Her impact remains. I can honestly say I've broken free from the stronghold she once had over me, but her legacy left it's imprint. 
I have a birth father I don't really know. I feel like if he wanted to make an effort after nearly 40 years he would be in my life. But he's busy with his and his wife and his "real" children. I have a half brother and sister out there and they too say no to being in my life. Sad. It makes me sad. I wish things were different, but is is where the rubber tweets the road and you accept that "it is what is is". 
I accepted Christ when I was young and I truely believe he was my first love and even thought I've strayed, he is there to hold me, make me a better person, and will never let me go! He has changed my heart and I've done differently than my parents. Even different than my ex husband. He isn't really there, once in a while, but that too is for the girls to see on their own. I will not have them not have a relationship or hate their father because of my prejudices. 
It's been a long hard road and not done yet, one step at a time..... One foot in front of the other, and the cycle is broken one moment at a time. I have a long way to go, but I've come a long way too. Lots of wobbly steps but the saviour held my path and made sure I kept on the path he chose and keeps me on it and helps me to be different and break the cycle. 

2 comments:

  1. I will follow your blog. I have been looking for fellow bloggers who blog about their childhood abuse. Please check out my new blog at www.moongirlca.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a similar family situation to this. I have a mother that was great but had a lot of emotional issues and so she wasnt a protector. I dont know my biological father because he doesnt want to know me. I have siblings who either know nothing about me or choose to be the same. My 2 oldest children have an absent father that they see a couple times (maybe) a year. I am struggling with my past trauma and the way everything happened. I dont know how to process it. I thought maybe talking with someone who also experienced similar things might help.

    ReplyDelete